Monday, January 18, 2016

It's Monday. What Are You Reading? - Catching Up for 2016


Joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to celebrate our weekly reading. 

Hmm. I'm typically very good at posting my reading each week, yet today when I checked I realized the last time I had shared on a Monday was 12/28. I'm not sure why, likely the reason was 1/4 was our first day back after break and I got up to late and then last Monday I was rushing to school early for the ALA Youth Media Awards so I could watch with my students. At any rate, here are the books I've read over the past three weeks...


Not as much as I'd like. To be fair, I have three books I am currently reading, and that I've read all week this week, for my college courses. I'm not done with them yet, so they aren't on here, but that has taken up a chunk of my reading time. 

On this list I must recommend if you teach anyone in 5th/6th up that you get the Embassy Row series by Ally Carter. I love this, as do many of my students. Amazing. 

I hate recommending ARCs at times, it just isn't fair to tell you they are good, but you can't get them. However Fenway & Hattie is amazing. Told from the dog's point of view (Fenway), it had me rolling with laughter. Also amazing for teaching inference. 

Another ARC that I was be reviewing in a few weeks is A Week Without Tuesday, the sequel to Finding Serendipity. I loved it, just as much as the first. 

And Bird and Squirrel on the Edge is another great installment in that series. My students have fought over who gets to read it and the waiting list is now several post-its long. 

Hope you have a fabulous week!