Monday, December 28, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Christmas Break


Joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to celebrate our weekly reading. 

Each break - Summer, Christmas, and Spring Break - I join Donalyn Miller and the #bookaday group. Half of the time I don't remember to tweet what I'm reading with the hashtag, but I always keep in mind the goal of reading a book a day. That sounds crazy when you think of break being fifteen days long and fifteen books, but when you consider everything counts, including picture books, you realize this is completely doable. In fact, it is necessary. I have far too many books in my house that I haven't read, but would like to get read. So I consider this critical. 

Here's what I've gotten read during break thus far:




There are some amazing books in this bunch. I can't possibly review them all here, but suffice to say, it's been a great reading week. 

Up next: Big Magic and Jan Karon's newest books. Both books are for me, not for the classroom. After that, a few reads for my students and a lot of PD reading I need to get done. Hope you all have a fabulous week!