Monday, October 5, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I'm thrilled to link up with Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers each Monday and share our reading lives. Check out their sites for more information. 

This past week was busy, crazy busy. Four nights of football practice and two football games for my boys. One game for the High School - homecoming. Spirit week all week with crazy theme days each day. A great visit with a friend to my classroom on Thursday. My husband's birthday on Thursday, celebrated Wednesday because I'd be gone. And a wonderful conference in Peoria on Friday. 

It was crazy.

But truly, it is not all that different from every other week. They are all busy. I think it is the new normal. Everyone is busy, and there is nothing I would change about it. I love it all. I have just had to get really good about carving out time to read amongst the craziness. I'm glad to say that this week, I did. 



These books are fabulous. This Side of Wild and Firefly Hollow are on my Mock Newbery list. I loved the first Stratford Zoo graphic novel. This one was just as good. And while all three picture books I read while standing in a bookstore were good, I did end up purchasing Beautiful Hands and My Hometown. I am currently teaching a unit on personal narratives and I think they will fit right in. 

I have so many books on deck this week to read, I'm not sure where I'll begin. 

Have a great week!