Saturday, June 7, 2014

Celebrate this Week


I’m joining up with Ruth Ayres for her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week. Check out all of the posts linked up at her blog HERE. Thanks for starting this, Ruth!

Please forgive if this post is a little off, I've never tried to write a blog post on my phone using the Blogger app. We'll see how this goes. 

This has been a week full of celebration: celebrating the end of my fourteenth year teaching in Monticello, celebrating the experience of teaching my oldest son for fifth grade reading, celebrating a time to say goodbye to my students and teachers that were retiring, and so much more. 

This week also begins our family vacation - one that takes us to Florida to visit family, then on to Disney, wrapping up with a stop in South Carolina on my favorite island before heading home. What a week we have in store! 

I'm grateful to Ruth's blog for reminding me that big celebrations aren't the only thing worth celebrating. The small moments are valuable too, such as driving down Interstate 75 with my husband and two sons, listening to music and making plans. I have my book to begin today's #bookaday and my phone if I need to be connected. Life is good.