Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Slice of Life - NCTE

Tomorrow I leave for NCTE. Three hour drive followed by a two-hour flight. If you know me well, you are aware that flying freaks me out. Feel free to send some Zen thoughts my way.

I am beyond excited to see friends, be surrounded by folks who read, meet some of the authors my students adore, and so much more. My schedule has now reached levels of insanity that I didn’t know was possible. I am praying for my brain and my phone to not forget anything.

I am ready, yet I’m not. My presentation is great in my head; need to finish the actual slides in reality. (And take photos of my students today that go into said slides.) I need to pack because this is the current state of my packing. And I need to figure out how to do this all in a few hours after school tonight.



NCTE. I cannot wait. Four days I look forward to all year long, and they will all be over in a flash. If you’re going to be there, let me know in the comments. I’ll be the one rushing around madly in slippers because I forgot to pack shoes. (Kidding, I hope.)