Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.


Feeling better about my summer reading this week – last Monday I was a bit worried, the previous week had seen little reading other than finally finishing Catcher in the Rye. (I liked it, which seemed odd. Most people I know either love it or hate it. I didn’t feel that excited one way or the other.) At any rate, I didn’t feel like I was going to make a dent in my to read stack. This week, great improvement - although I need to read a bit more for my book a day. Overall, I’m ahead – currently on my 25th book and on the 18th day of summer. Need to pick up the pace!

 Here’s what I read this week:



My favorite book of the week? All were wonderful, but The Real Boy is unbelievable. I feel like it will be discussed next January when they are handing out awards. Working on a review of it for this week.

Also will review Pirate’s Coin, but not until after ALA. I want to go visit the Thorne Rooms first. If you haven’t read that series yet, I highly recommend it. The first book is The Sixty-Eight Rooms.

Happy Reading!
Katherine