Saturday, March 16, 2013

Slice of Life Sixteen - The View From Here


Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers. For the month of March we are challenging ourselves to write a Slice A Day.


Well, I made it. We made it. Spring Break is here and not a moment too soon. As soon as this blog post is typed I am diving into bed – around 10 pm. I know, I know. I’m trying not to be too much of a party animal.

With the minimal brainpower I have operating here tonight I debated what to write about. What could possibly be worthwhile that I could write up when my eyelids are drooping as I try and type another word? Well friends, I’m going for a cop-out here. On Twitter many of us use the hashtag #viewfromhere for any number of tweets. Today I’m bringing you a #viewfromhere from my classroom.

It was a day we celebrate in my class – a day we don’t “switch” for Math, Social Studies, and Science. It isn’t that we don’t enjoy those classes or teachers, but sometimes it is just nice for all of to stay together for the day. Add the fact that I had a substitute yesterday and you find a group of students and a teacher that were ready to spend some time together.

Lessons weren’t extensive today – it was an early out day. The morning began with sharing my Slice of Life from my blog. Then the students wrote theirs and we commented. Somewhere in the middle of slicing, reading, and Edmodo commenting - I started snapping photos.

Welcome to 5-SO…. this was my #viewfromhere:










And while I am beyond ready for break, I'm going to miss these guys. Can't wait to see them in nine days and learn everything new they did over their time away.