Tuesday, February 19, 2013

World Read Aloud Day – Now & Then


 World Read Aloud Day is right around the corner – March 6th! This week as part of their blogging challenge I’m answering the following questions as I would have when I was in fifth grade and then again as I would answer today.




1. I think everyone in the world should read...
When I was 10: Superfudge by Judy Blume
Now: I’m cheating. I have three from 2012 – Wonder by R.J. Palacio, The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate, and See You at Harry’s by Jo Knowles.
2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be...
When I was 10: My mom.
Now: Katie Wood Ray. I love listening to her voice.
3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is...
When I was 10: Grover from The Monster at the End of This Book
Now: Grover from The Monster at the End of This Book
4. The genre that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is...
When I was 10: Realistic Fiction
Now: Fantasy
5. The last book I wish I’d written or inspired me to write my own story is...
When I was 10: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. by Judy Blume
Now: The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller