Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

I’ve read a lot of books this week, 26, but mainly graphic novels and picture books. 





One day I decided to read the entire Babymouse series in anticipation of having “Babymouse Day” in my reading camp. I had read a few of the books in the series before, by reading all of them, in order, I fell even more in love with Babymouse.

Two books that I had received as ARCs were both amazing. David Leviathan’s Every Day is about the main character of A. who wakes up every day in someone else’s body. A has accepted this fate until falling in love with a girl when the meet one day. It was an incredible story that I completely fell in love with and much different from Leviathan’s other books. Release date: August 28th.

The other ARC I read is The Templeton Twins Have an Idea: Book One by Ellis Weiner, illustrated by Jeremy Holmes. Not sure how to describe this one. Basically John and Abigail are twins living with their father, their mother has died. They have to move to a new town where their father has gotten a new job at a new university (he is an inventor) and there is someone at this new town who isn’t happy the Templeton’s have come to town. I really enjoyed this book – the narrator is hilarious, their will be fun illustrations, and the twins are extremely creative. Look for this book August 15th.

So, all in all, a good reading week. I still feel like I need to organize my days better. I am not a person who does well without a schedule and I felt like I feel out of my “summer schedule” last week. I began the week doing so well reading, writing, and exercise wise. By the end, not so much. So will attempt to refocus this week and improve. First up is to finish Richard Allington’s book dealing with RTI. Then I am reading the Lord of the Rings series which I’ve never read, yet. My oldest son bought the movies this weekend and I’m loving them.

By the way - the winner of the See You at Harry's  drawing was Trevor. Thanks to all who entered, make sure you read that amazing book!

Happy Reading Week!


Katherine