Friday, March 16, 2012

Slice 16 - Home sick



Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers. For the month of March we are challenging ourself to write a Slice A Day. Here we go! 

This picture tells a story.
A day spent at home.
A day not teaching.
A day on my own.


Calling in.
Please get me a sub.
Rushing to write plans.
Dropping children off at school.

A doctor visit.
Sitting in the waiting room.
Wishing I was home.
No, not strep. Yet.

Drive home.
Take temperature, again.
Glance down, 99.5.
Seriously?

Sleep. Read. Sleep. Drink. Sleep.

Wake up.
Pick up the boys from school.
Make dinner, delicious.
Oh no, what is coming out of my eye?

Drive to Convenient Care.
Something is wrong with my eye.
Pink eye?
I can’t go to school tomorrow?

Drive home, call in.
Please get me a sub.
My mom if you can.
Glance down at the eye drops.
They contain sulfa? I’m allergic.

This will wait until morning.