Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Oh boy, I have not read a lot this week. I've read a little each day but being sick for an entire week has just made me want to lay in bed and stare at the TV. Also, while I enjoy The Art of Fielding, it is a mammoth book and not exactly fast paced. so I pick it up, read a few pages (of 528 pages), and then put it back down. It helps that #bookaday has begun for me so I've been putting The Art of Fielding aside and reading some others. So, last week I read,


  • Marty McGuire Digs Worms by Kate Messner
  • The Humming Room by Ellen Potter
  • Encyclopedie of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Yikes! That's it! I didn't put an * by good books because they were all wonderful and I highly recommend each and every one. 

This week my goal is to finish the monstrous The Art of Fielding and then we'll see. I'm waiting on my next Newbery book for #nerdbery from the library but I ordered it weeks ago. Since it is spring break I need to go ahead and order the Caldecot and Newbery winners for the next month from the library and actually get ahead. All of this is put off, though, as I go to visit my sister for the next two days. 
Have a great reading week everyone! 
Katherine