Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading?




 I’m joining Jen & Kellee (and many other bloggers) in discussing what we are reading this week. Join us! Go to their site and link up your own blog.

Welcome back my beloved picture books, I have missed you so. This week did end with several books being read – many great ones – but no #nerdbery or #nerdcott. I have several requested at the library, we’ll see when they all arrive.

Here’s what I read this week, favorites are indicated by an *

·      Wonder by R.J. Palacio * (This is amazing. I’m buying five copies when it comes out on Tuesday. No exaggeration.)
·      Looking for Alaska by John Green * (I now have a crush on John Green. The man is brilliant.)
·      Grandpa’s Tractor by Michael Garland
·      A Storm Called Katrina by Myron Uhlberg
·      Desk Stories by Kevin O’Malley
·      The Day Tiger Rose Said Goodbye by Jane Yolen *
·      Fox and Hen Together by Beatrice Rodriguez
·      Smile, Lily by Candace Fleming
·      Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! By Candace Fleming
·      Clever Jack takes the Cake by Candace Fleming
·      Seven Hungry Babies by Candace Fleming
·      Brother Sun, Sister Moon by Katherine Paterson *
·      How the Dinosaur Got to the Museum by Jessie Hartland
·      Harry Houdini: The Legend of the World’s Greatest Escape Artist by Janice Weaver
·      Two Bobbies: A True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship, and Survival by Kirby Larson *

This week I want to finish my current book:




And read this:



And whatever comes in from the library. Have a wonderful week!
Katherine